As a valued customer you are right to expect fairness and a swift and courteous service at all times.
We recognise that sometimes you may be dissatisfied with our service. To help us improve we would appreciate your honesty in telling us about your experience of our service – your feedback will make the difference.
- How a complaint is made
Complaints can be made either orally or in writing – by letter, e-mail or fax.
Step 1: Where you are familiar with the person/team working on the matter, you may address the complaint to your usual insurance advisor or Prodromou & Makriyiannis Insurance contact.
Step 2: If you are not sure to whom to refer within the company, or feel it is inappropriate to address the complaint to a member of staff, please address your complaint to: –
The Managing Director
Prodromou & Makriyiannis Insurance Underwriting Agencies & Consultants Ltd
P O Box 25045,
1306 Nicosia Cyprus
- What is needed from you
When filing a complaint, please provide the following information:
- A Policy number and/or claim number
- An outline of your complaint
- Your contact details
- Response time
If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately you can expect the following from us:
- Your complaint will be acknowledged, in writing, within 2 (two) business days of the complaint being received.
- A decision on your complaint will be provided to you, in writing, within 15 (fifteen) business days of the complaint being received. If it is not feasible to make a decision within 15 (fifteen) business days, you will be informed about the reasons for the delay, in writing, before the end of the 15 (fifteen) business day time limit and advise you when it expects to provide you with its decision. The additional time taken by the insurer to provide you with its decision on the complaint will be within 30 (thirty) business days from the end of the original 15 (fifteen) business day time limit.
- Your Insurer
In the event that you remain dissatisfied, and your complaint relates to a Lloyd’s insurance policy, you may, if you wish, refer your complaint to the Insurers. Your Insurers will independently review your complaint, taking into account good insurance practice and whether all of the circumstances involved have been considered fairly.
Any complaint should be addressed to:
Lloyd’s Insurance Company S.A.
Tel: +32 (0)2 227 39 39
- The Financial Ombudsman Service
Should you remain dissatisfied with the final response from the above or if you have not received a final response within 3 months of the complaint being received, you may be eligible to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman of the Republic of Cyprus.
The Financial Ombudsman Service is an independent service in Cyprus for settling disputes between consumers and businesses providing financial services.
The contact details are as follows:
Financial Ombudsman of the Republic of Cyprus
PO Box 25735
Tel: +357 2284 8900
- Your Right to Legal Action
Following any of these procedures will not affect your right to take legal action.
For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored.